Established in 1868, this was the first permanent Catholic parish in the Sioux Falls Diocese.  The present church was built in 1891. In 1930, Henry Goering came to St. Peter's Church and started the  famous painting of the Ascension above the main Altar in the Sanctuary, which is truly a work of art.  The figure of Christ is life-size and all the paintings are done with a beauty of the 16th century.    The tall spire and cross can be seen for miles around.  The church is visited by many tourists each year.

Community Center Features

-Located 12 minutes from Sioux City, IA

-Seating for 400

-Off street parking

-Projection screen (9' x 9') with projector and surround sound system

-Large LCD TV in separate room for continuous / loop viewing

-Large, full service kitchen (local catering options available upon request)

-Bar

-Handicap accessible

-Dance floor

-Full lighting as well as mood / accent lighting

 

***** Must have 90 day notice to serve alcohol (using 1 day liquor license)