Established in 1868, this was the first permanent Catholic parish in the Sioux Falls Diocese. The present church was built in 1891. In 1930, Henry Goering came to St. Peter's Church and started the famous painting of the Ascension above the main Altar in the Sanctuary, which is truly a work of art. The figure of Christ is life-size and all the paintings are done with a beauty of the 16th century. The tall spire and cross can be seen for miles around. The church is visited by many tourists each year.
Directions to St. Peter's Community Center
St Peter's Community Center
402 Main Street
Jefferson, SD 57038