Established in 1868, this was the first permanent Catholic parish in the Sioux Falls Diocese.  The present church was built in 1891. In 1930, Henry Goering came to St. Peter's Church and started the  famous painting of the Ascension above the main Altar in the Sanctuary, which is truly a work of art.  The figure of Christ is life-size and all the paintings are done with a beauty of the 16th century.    The tall spire and cross can be seen for miles around.  The church is visited by many tourists each year.

Contact St. Peter's Community Center

Call Joe: (605) - 310-3263

 

Call the Office: (605) - 356-2693 or (605) - 966-5716

 

Email: stpeters@longlines.com

 

St Peter's Community Center

 

Mailing Address

PO Box 188

Jefferson, SD 57038

 

Street Address

402 Main Street

Jefferson, SD 57038